1. Pregnant...when will it end? Will it end with me going into labor on my own, or will we wait another 3 days and with help of a couple of drugs, will we finally meet our little girl? I don't have a clue, but I have worn very weary of Pregnancy Land now and I want to be back to my "old" self--or some form of it now.
All I can say it that I am still very afraid of her head...and the longer she stays where she is at the more afraid I become. As my husband puts it...she has to stop growing at some point, doesn't she?
2. My word for 2009...is "altered". My life is about to drastically change or be altered from what I have been used to for the past several years. We will be increasing our family size by 50% with the addition of this little stubborn girl. I am excited to see what the year holds and how much our lives will be "altered".
3. Two weeks without any thoughts of work...is AMAZING, and I have another 10-12 weeks more. It is absolutely wonderful not to worry about things. I am sure these feelings will change...so ask me again in six weeks, but for right now I am pretty content with the way things are today.
4. Nesting...I am pretty much over it. I have done everything that I have felt the need to do, so where does that leave me now? See #1 above.
5. A "watched uterus..." My MIL has finally gotten the 'hint' we hope. Well, at least through my husband. Two days ago, she called for the um-tenth time to ask if I was in labor. My husband answered the phone saying, "Hi Mom, you are 50 minutes late for your morning check-in". She said that she was just "concerned" and my husband replied, 'I know you are, but you don't have to keep calling, we promised to call you when it happens, and we will.' I love the fact that my husband was that blunt with her, as it makes it a bit easier with the situation as to not being reminded every six hours that I am not in labor. Now, I just need to convince him that she doesn't need to "race" down to the Valley as soon as I am in labor. Somehow, I don't think I will get that point across. So I will be stuck with being a bit rude and telling the nurses under no circumstances is anyone from the family except my husband in the room with me during L&D. I hate to do that, but she has left me no choice. If I do have to be induced--it will be a long haul and maybe she will think twice sitting in the waiting room for 16-20 hours. By the length of this number, can you tell I am a bit irritated by this topic?
6. Positive note...I am getting some of my scrapbooking-mojo back. I can't believe it...it has taking a long time, almost as long as this pregnancy thing. I hope to hit my full stride sometime after baby arrives, so I can get many of the things I have floating in my head out on paper - literally.